Posted on November 5, 2009 by ChristineCanCook
Last week I won an IAMA (It’s a Major Award) and am happy to say that, without further ado, I am ready to announce my winners.
The envelope please…and the awards go to…
1. VampireGran – She was one of the first bloggers who I shared community with and besides that, her site completely rocks. Have you seen her Fall Themed Cupcakes or her Fried Green Tomato Gratin’s?
2. EricRiveraCooks – Because besides sharing my last name- and what a wonderful name at that- he’s also an amazing Chef! He recently participated in the October FoodBuzz 24, 24, 24 and did not dissapoint!! Also, he makes cooking amazing meals look easy, plus shares really great tips on ways to save money!
3. FoodNetworkHumor – Who doesn’t need a good laugh every once in a while- and this blog will make you pee your pants. I love food network but FNH is so right- they are all such weirdo’s! Ina with her “good vanilla” obsession, the Neely’s with their deep burning flame for one another, and Guy Fieri for… just being himself.
You can all feel free to pass on the award if you like, or just bask in the glory of your awesome-ness. If you’d like to pass it on, here are the rules:
1. Post an entry on your blog that displays the IAMA! logo and links back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Name as many other blogs as you like that are deserving of an IAMA! award. But in doing so, you’ll need to say a word or two (or more) about what makes them awesome.
3. Include links to the blogs you are giving the IAMA! award.
4. Leave a comment in the newly awarded blogs letting them know that they have been recognized with an IAMA! award.
Filed under: Recipes | Tagged: award | 4 Comments »
Posted on November 3, 2009 by ChristineCanCook
Last week wasn’t perfect. Had some trouble with a recipe and had to chuck the whole post- that stunk. Had a tough week at work- that was stressful. Got hacked by absolutely awful spam- that’s the worst! However, I believe that when something bad happens to you, something good is waiting for you just around the corner.
First, I was accepted into the Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program this week! I’m super excited- if anything because it makes me feel a little validated. I have a blog. I like to cook. I write about the things I cook… That’s it! It might not seem so amazing but it’s definitely something meaningful for me. Plus, the Foodbuzz community is a really great place to meet new bloggers- and a great resource for me as I’m learning my way through this thing called blog.
Second, I won an award!!! Isn’t she pretty. I’m naming her Veronica because she’s sassy! But actually it’s called an “It’s a Major Award!” and it was given to me by Wendi of Bon Appetit Hon. Here was my acceptance speech:
“I won an award?? I can’t believe it!! Who to thank?? First I’ll thank my family for not believing in me and forcing me to show them how good I can cook- HA! Second I’d like to thank my boyfriend for being a guinea pig (sorry about that Stir-Fry again) and sometimes sous chef. And last, I’d like to thank Wendi, who beyond this award (which is so awesome I can’t wait to put it up on my website!!!) is also challenging me with her food memories project and really showing me how cool a blogging community can be (isn’t that why we do this? To create community?). So thanks so much Wendi!!! Now I need to go call my family and rub it in… not only can I cook- but I got an award too!!!”
… I was trying to be a little cheeky- but I really meant it! Winning that award really made my day- and Thursday happened to be an extra tough one. So thanks again Wendi! And know that I am working hard to decide who deserves the award next!
Last, I got what has to be the absolute opposite of a mean spam post- My dad left me a comment! I’m sure he was just happy with the intense praise I gave to his meatloaf recipe but it was still really sweet and very much appreciated. He’s a great dad and I’m happy to have had my many years of not cooking to hone my tasting skills.
All in all, it turned out to be a pretty good week.
I’ve also decided to (because I’m a glutton for punishment) be a part of NaBloPoMo– otherwise knows as “National Blog Posting Month”. It’ll be hectic for sure but I do enjoy creating and being a part of this blogging community… so with all that said…
…wish me luck!!!
Filed under: Update | Tagged: award, foodbuzz, meatloaf, NaBloPoMo | 2 Comments »